Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Workshop Evaluation: 4) Have the lipsync tasks benefitted you in any way?



The preliminary lipsync task was useful in helping us learn the song in preparation for the workshop. Additionally, by doing a prelim lipsync of the song we got into the mood of filming and having fun. At first, I was quite self concious on camera and I think it showed, however, going on,  I learnt to loosen up and have fun with my friends. Additionally, when it came to editing our footage, we realied just how meticulous we had to be with matching the movement of the mouths with the lyrics of the song. I feel we achieved this really well with the lipsync above!



When it came to our individual lipsyncs, Anisah and I went all out! At first it was difficult choosing the song we wanted to to, but in the end we settled for the famous I don't wanna miss a thing by Aerosmith. We chose this song in the end because we would be able to show a lot of emotion and because it was a song that everyone would be able to recognise. I felt a lot more confident in front of the camera, possibly because I had had some experience being in front of it (the She&Him lipsync and the workshop). We also learnt how important it is to learn the lyrics, as Anisah had some trouble remembering a few lines, but I don't really think this matters because I think our performance was enough to distract the audience from things like this. You can tell we had fun shooting this, and that we weren't taking it too seriously, which is what I think makes our lipsync successful. Also, as we had not set storyboard to go by, it was easier to edit as we could choose whatever shot we wanted, as also as we did not have to think about continuity. However, I do admit that at times we found editing hard as we had so many shots to choose from!

No comments:

Post a Comment